Contrast is a boutique digital marketing agency specializing in SEO and content marketing.
We are based out of Nottingham city centre in the heart of the creative quarter.
We believe our name embodies everything we believe in, doing things differently.
We are a small team of ‘A players’ and we work on a mixture of clients projects as well as some of our own side projects.
About the role
We are looking for someone that is able to take ownership of the content and to focus on growing our and clients sites. Being able to research, plan and execute a content strategy we know involves a lot of work. You will be entrusted to do so and allowed to focus on it 100%.
The chosen candidate will be responsible will include but not limited to:
- You’ll be responsible for all content marketing initiatives which include: identifying customers to target, producing content, driving traffic and leads from content marketing.
- Identify and hire freelance writers to produce content that we can publish on our/clients websites.
- Analyze current customer base to figure out who we should target from content marketing and talk to customers to figure out pain points, questions and topics to write content about.
- You’ll need to map out the content to an editorial calendar, mapping it to keywords and doing SERP analysis.
- Identify promotion channels that we should use and proactively share content in those places.
- Understand which content will target customers at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel.
- Optimize blog posts around high impact keywords.
- Manage the content calendar.
- Strong understanding of B2B content strategy.
- Measure content performance and report on traffic, conversions, SEO, etc.
As a Content Strategist, you should have excellent attention to detail and are able to manage your own workload in a busy environment without supervision. You most likely will come from an SEO background but didn't like to technical aspects as much as the content.
You take pride in your work and will help us to achieve excellent results for our clients.
- Have the skills to identify the most appropriate and valuable strategies for our clients and to deliver those within budget and in line with the client’s wider business goals.
- You will have a proven track record of delivering high ROI digital content campaigns across a range of clients with link building at their core.
- Ideally, be working agency side in a more senior role and ready to manage accounts here at Contrast.
- 1-3 years of experience managing a blog, editorial team, and/or website.
- Case studies or data showing proven growth of traffic and business metrics from content.
- Need to have a working knowledge of Google Analytics and be able to report on a blog.
- Ability to make decisions off of data.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role/environment and a proven track record of increasing organic search traffic and improving SERPs.
- Strong understanding of on-page SEO & keyword research so you can identify potential opportunities.
- Experience using industry standard SEO/Webmaster tools, websites and guides such as: Ahrefs, BuzzSumo, Google Keyword Tool, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Trends.
- Experience writing SEO content and link building.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience using Google Docs and CMS software such as WordPress, Shopify & Magento.
- No criminal record (role is subject to a basic DBS check).
- Experience working for, or with, a fast-paced marketing agency.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to an excellent salary, we also provide a relaxed yet professional working environment that includes:
- Virgin Active Nottingham gym membership.
- Private healthcare.
- An opportunity to directly shape our business.
- Flexitime working.
- Training budget for internal and external training and conferences.
- Regular one-to-ones to aid your personal development.
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
Plus all the usual stuff digital agencies provide: free fruit in the office, apple computers, remote working and company lunch & learn sessions, dinners out and other activities.
Got What It Takes?
To apply for this role please fill out the application form.