- Date: 4/8/20
- Location: Nottingham, city centre
- Job type: Full time
- Reporting to: Head of Digital / Founder
- Salary: £20,000 - £27,000
Are you ready to take the next step in your digital career? Contrast might be the perfect agency for you.
Contrast is an eCommerce digital marketing agency based in a great central location in Nottingham. We work with eCommerce brands and businesses across the globe who are looking to drive more traffic, convert more sales and dominate their industry.
Not only do we work with these clients but we own several other eCommerce companies that we also do the marketing for. We offer specialist services such as SEO, PPC, digital PR and content marketing. Our vision is to become the industry leading eCommerce marketing agency.
As a small, close knit group; team culture is imperative to us. The environment in the office is relaxed and you are able to work in a positive atmosphere. Each team member is dedicated to their roles but we encourage you to bring fresh ideas to the table, even if it isn’t your speciality. Having a passion to learn is essential as there are many opportunities where you can further develop your skills. Contrast will support and push you in the right direction to build your personal brand that will benefit your career goals.
This is a really significant time to join Contrast as there are exciting new projects and opportunities in the pipeline!
About The Role
We are looking for a creative copywriter to join our team, someone who has a marketing/copywriting background with a natural flair for words. Your day-to-day activities will range from creating product descriptions as well as creating and maintaining category copy, meta descriptions and product titles for our eCommerce companies. All the way to writing marketing collateral for clients and Contrast itself.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for many tasks which include but not limited to:
- Assist and create copy for eCommerce product descriptions, category content and general web copy for our sister companies.
- Responsible for creating and delivering high quality content across all channels such as social media and Contrast’s own marketing.
- Producing video scripts.
- Proofreading and editing content produced by other people.
- Assisting the creative team in developing content in-house and for clients.
- Working alongside the SEO team to create content for new web pages.
- Ensuring all content that is produced meets the correct tone of voice and guidelines.
- Managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and communicating progress to the team.
- Being flexible and having the ability to adapt.
- Contributing to Contrast’s wider business marketing goals, including regular blogging, podcasts and video appearances. Along with the delivery of ‘lunch and learn’ sessions.
- Self-learning to ensure you’re always up to date on the industry and inspired by other digital marketing campaigns.
As a creative copywriter, you should be independent, organised, have excellent attention to detail and are able to manage your own workload in a busy environment without supervision.
You take pride in your work and will help us to achieve excellent results for our clients.
From the very beginning, Contrast has been formed from key core values which are at the heart of everything we do. These values have naturally formed into the team’s everyday practices in the office.
- Curious - Eager to know or learn something new.
- Ownership - Own your successes and failures.
- Be Awesome - Continuously raising the bar.
- Take Action - Happy to put in the hard work to get the results.
- Respect and Trust - Working openly and honestly with respect for one another.
- Proven copywriting experience with the ability to vary writing styles to meet our client’s needs.
- Creative flair and a proactive, flexible can-do attitude.
- A strong understanding of the nuances of writing copy for specific social platforms, audiences and intentions.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience using Google Docs and CMS software such as WordPress, BigCommerce Shopify and Magento.
- No criminal record (role is subject to a basic DBS check).
- UK driving license & access to a vehicle.
- Further knowledge of the wider digital marketing mix.
- Complementary skills like digital PR, SEO, PPC, coding and design.
- Experience working for, or with, a fast-paced marketing agency.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to an excellent salary, we also provide a relaxed yet professional modern working environment that includes:
- Flexible working hours with 10am - 4pm as core hours.
- Personal development which includes internal training, attending conferences, PDPs (Personal Development Plans) & access to online courses.
- 33 days holiday this breaks down as 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Free gym membership to Virgin Active Nottingham or we’ll help cover a gym membership of up to £35 per month.
- Private healthcare to cover you for the worst, plus rewarding healthy choices gets you a free coffee weekly & a bi weekly cinema ticket.
- Employee Assistance Programme is a counselling service that our employees can get help and support with matters they are dealing with.
- Exclusive discounts and rewards for over 30,000 brands. Enjoy up to 55% off cinema tickets and save up to 15% off at 80+ high street retailers.
- Free office fruit & a built in coffee machine stocked with only the best locally sourced from 200 degrees coffee.
If you want to learn more about Contrast and what it is like to work with us you can find out more information here: https://contrast.digital/series/the-process/
Got What It Takes?
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you’d like to work with Contrast and why you’d be a great fit for the role. We’d also love to see a few examples of your copywriting portfolio showing your versatility and creativity, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.