- Date: 4/11/20
- Location: Nottingham, city centre
- Job type: Full time
- Reporting to: Founder/SEO Strategist
- Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Are you ready to take the next step in your digital career? Contrast might be the perfect agency for you.
Contrast is an eCommerce digital marketing agency based in a great central location in Nottingham. We work with eCommerce brands and businesses across the globe who are looking to drive more traffic, convert more sales and dominate their industry. We offer specialist services such as SEO, PPC, digital PR and content marketing. Our vision is to become the industry leading eCommerce marketing agency.
This is a really significant time to join Contrast, as unlike most agencies we split our time to work both on clients and our own businesses. We have recently acquired two businesses that we are looking to start or scale their own eCommerce presence to 7 figures and beyond.
We are a small, close knit group; team culture is imperative to us. The environment in the office is relaxed and you are able to work in a positive atmosphere. Each team member is dedicated to their roles but we encourage you to bring fresh ideas to the table, even if it isn’t your speciality. Having a passion to learn is essential as there are many opportunities where you can further develop your skills. Contrast will support and push you in the right direction to build your personal brand to benefit your career goals.
About The Role
We are looking for a Digital PR Strategist with a proven track record to join our team in Nottingham. The primary goal for this role is to help improve SEO performance and deliver regular high-quality backlinks by creating PR and outreach campaigns.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for many tasks which include but not limited to:
- Perform quality outreach over multiple channels, including phone and email, leading to demonstrable results against campaign KPIs.
- Work alongside copywriting, strategy and design teams to keep multiple projects running to time, assisting in the creation of timelines and press packs etc.
- Craft outreach strategies, creating multiple press angles for different press demographics.
- Identify publishers through social media/link analysis, use of journalist databases, real engagement with online communities and attending industry events.
- Develop relationships with publishers across a wide range of industries.
- Maintain and develop Contrast’s press and media contact database, as well as creating relevant contact lists for client campaigns.
- Identify and work alongside expert influencer partners in order to create client campaigns, negotiating payment, assessing content produced and managing relationships.
- Receive feedback and use it to grow and improve as a Digital PR Strategist.
- Carrying out monthly/campaign reporting internally and to clients.
- Managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and communicating progress to the team.
- Supporting Digital team as well as the wider team with Digital PR training and insights.
- Contributing to Contrast’s wider business marketing goals, including regular blogging, podcasts and video appearances. Along with the delivery of ‘lunch and learn’ sessions.
- Self-learning; to ensure you’re always up to date on the industry and inspired by other Digital PR campaigns.
- Highlighting, implementing and updating industry leading processes and procedures around Contrast’s Digital PR offering.
- Liaising with the client to update them on the current progress.
As a Digital PR Strategist you should be independent, organised, have excellent attention to detail and are able to manage your own workload in a busy environment without supervision.
You take pride in your work and will help us to achieve excellent results for our clients.
From the very beginning, Contrast has been formed from key core values which are at the heart of everything we do. These values have naturally formed into the team’s everyday practices in the office.
- Curious - Eager to know or learn something new.
- Ownership - Own your successes and failures.
- Be Awesome - Continuously raising the bar.
- Take Action - Happy to put in the hard work to get the results.
- Respect and Trust - Working openly and honestly with respect for one another.
- Good working understanding of SEO, especially off-page SEO.
- Copywriting skills, or some experience of creating press releases.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Experience of one or more of the following tools: Buzzstream, Roxhill, Ahrefs, Buzzsumo.
- Has a can-do attitude and a good sense of humour, while being energetic, positive and proactive.
- Passionate about digital marketing and digital PR, with a real love for creating content campaigns and connecting with people.
- Interested in the psychology behind successful sales and outreach strategies.
- Open to and welcome feedback in order to grow as a Digital PR.
- Have a flexible and open mindset.
- Unafraid of asking questions and seeking out new opportunities.
- Like a challenge and soak up opportunities to learn new skills and knowledge across multiple disciplines.
- A team player who can handle stressful situations and deadlines with professionalism.
- Driven to contribute to a friendly and open team atmosphere, promoting positivity and making real connections with colleagues.
- Love building links and roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- UK driving license & access to a vehicle.
- Sales experience.
- Further knowledge of the wider digital marketing mix.
- Complementary skills like digital SEO, PPC, coding and design.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to an excellent salary, we also provide a relaxed yet professional modern working environment that includes:
- Flexible working hours with 10am - 4pm as core hours.
- Personal development which includes internal training, attending conferences, PDPs (Personal Development Plans) & access to online courses.
- 33 days holiday this breaks down as 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Free gym membership to Virgin Active Nottingham or we’ll help cover a gym membership of up to £30 per month.
- Private healthcare to cover you for the worst, plus rewarding healthy choices gets you a free coffee weekly & a bi weekly cinema ticket.
- Employee Assistance Programme is a counselling service that our employees can get help and support with matters they are dealing with.
- Exclusive discounts and rewards for over 30,000 brands. Enjoy up to 55% off cinema tickets and save up to 15% off at 80+ high street retailers.
- Free office fruit & a built in coffee machine stocked with only the best locally sourced from 200 degrees coffee.
If you want to learn more about Contrast and what it is like to work with us you can find out more information here: https://contrast.digital/series/the-process/
Got What It Takes?
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you’d like to work with Contrast and why you’d be a great fit for the role to email@example.com.