- Date: 23/6/20
- Location: Nottingham, city centre
- Job type: Full time
- Reporting to: Founder & Director
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Are you ready to take the next step in your digital career? Contrast might be the perfect agency for you.
Contrast is a boutique digital marketing agency based in a great central location in Nottingham. We specialise in SEO, PPC, digital PR and content marketing. We work with companies all over the world who are looking to drive more traffic, convert more sales and dominate their industry.
The team are extremely close knit who not only work together on creative projects but also support each other. We believe our name embodies everything we believe in, doing things differently.
This is the perfect time to join Contrast as not only have we just moved into such an amazing office with a fancy balcony but we also have exciting new projects in the pipeline.
About The Role
We are looking for an independent, self motivated and organised individual who is passionate about digital marketing to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a natural leader, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mindset coupled with a commercial flair is a must for this role.
The overall purpose of this role is to help with the day to day management of the wider team, help put in place processes and procedures to support our ambitious growth plans and to finally help towards the marketing of the agency itself.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for but not limited too:
- Working closely with the Founder to develop our service offering and ensure we are both competitive and innovative.
- You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver impactful digital, advertising, and social media strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client campaigns and maximising the profitability of accounts across various digital platforms.
- You will be responsible for the performance of the department, so you will be expected to deliver a coordinated strategy across the company as well as developing the company’s marketing and communications activities.
- Full oversight and project management of all client day to day digital marketing campaigns and tactical activities, all aspects of the marketing mix across the company, from the perspective of display ads, social media, copywriting, data analysis, site content creation, implementation, testing and online outreach.
- Oversee the website launches, new product development and strategic services we offer to clients.
- Collaborate closely with the sales both to understand the current and emerging client needs, competitor offers and promote our current capabilities.
- Accountable and responsible for preparing for and attending regular face to face client meetings.
- Responsible for the creation of client case studies to support new business.
- Accountable and responsible for direct line management of the wider digital team at Contrast which include: daily operations, mentoring for executives and bi weekly 1:1s.
- Responsible for managing quarterly performance reviews.
- Responsible for recruitment of new FTEs in the form of second interviews and selection process.
- Responsible for implementing and continuous review of Personal Development Plans within the team.
- Responsible for organising lunch and learn sessions on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for supporting marketing with award submissions.
- Responsible for supporting the sales with new business pitches and with new business opportunities from within the existing portfolio of clients.
- Attend / speak at networking & industry events, acting the company‟s digital authority.
- Lead Contrast marketing objectives by contributing to writing, podcasting and appearing in our video series.
As the Head of Digital, you should have excellent attention to detail and are able to manage your own workload in a busy environment without supervision.
You take pride in your work and will help us to achieve excellent results for our clients.
Have the skills to identify the most appropriate and valuable strategies for our clients and to deliver those within budget and in line with the client’s wider business goals and those of the SEO strategist where applicable.
From the very beginning, Contrast has been formed from key core values which are at the heart of everything we do. These values have naturally formed into the team’s everyday practices in the office.
- Curious - Eager to know or learn something new.
- Ownership - Own your successes and failures.
- Be Awesome - Continuously raising the bar.
- Take Action - Happy to put in the hard work to get the results.
- Respect and Trust - Working openly and honestly with respect for one another.
- Solid senior agency experience, preferably as head of digital or a relevant management position for a digital marketing agency.
- T-shaped marketer with depth being in SEO and PPC our core service offerings.
- Great leadership and relationship management skills. With experience managing a team of digital consultants – ideally with a strong SEO & PPC focus.
- Confident and clear communicator, able to demonstrate experience of engaging in conversations and building relationships with clients at the highest level.
- Extensive and up-to-date technical knowledge of the full range of digital marketing services, including SEO, PPC, content marketing and Digital PR.
- The ability to blend these digital services to create the most effective digital strategy & campaign for each client.
- Comfortable working on or with large client accounts and decision makers.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent organisational skills (including through the use of PM tools like Asana).
- Excellent written skills (including faultless spelling and grammar).
- No criminal record (role is subject to a basic DBS check).
- Full, clean driving licence & access to a vehicle.
- Experience leading digital strategies for eCommerce.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to an excellent salary, we also provide a relaxed yet professional modern working environment that includes:
- Flexible working hours with 10am - 4pm as core hours.
- Personal development which includes internal training, attending conferences, PDPs (Personal Development Plans) & access to online courses.
- 33 days holiday this breaks down as 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Free gym membership to Virgin Active Nottingham or we’ll help cover a gym membership of up to £35 per month.
- Private healthcare to cover you for the worst, plus rewarding healthy choices gets you a free coffee weekly & a bi weekly cinema ticket.
- Employee Assistance Programme is a counselling service that our employees can get help and support with matters they are dealing with.
- Exclusive discounts and rewards for over 30,000 brands. Enjoy up to 55% off cinema tickets and save up to 15% off at 80+ high street retailers.
- Free office fruit & a built in coffee machine stocked with only the best locally sourced from 200 degrees coffee.
If you want to learn more about Contrast and what it is like to work with us you can find out more information here: https://contrast.digital/series/the-process/
Got What It Takes?
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you’d like to work with Contrast and why you’d be a great fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.