- Date: 22/6/20
- Location: Nottingham, city centre
- Job type: Full time
- Reporting to:
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Are you ready to take the next step in your digital career? Contrast might be the perfect agency for you.
Contrast is a boutique digital marketing agency based in a great central location in Nottingham. We specialise in SEO, PPC, digital PR and content marketing. We work with companies all over the world who are looking to drive more traffic, convert more sales and dominate their industry.
The team are extremely close knit who not only work together on creative projects but also support each other. We believe our name embodies everything we believe in, doing things differently.
This is the perfect time to join Contrast as not only have we just moved into such an amazing office with a fancy balcony but we also have exciting new projects in the pipeline.
About The Role
We are looking for an SEO Strategist to lead our SEO, someone who has already decided to specialise in this specific marketing channel. What we are not looking for is a general digital marketer.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for many tasks which include but not limited to:
- Assisting/pitching in the sales process to make technical suggestions.
- Auditing sites and coming up with the campaign strategy and recommended suggestions.
- Implementing technical recommendations highlighted from the auditing stage.
- Liaising with the client to update them on the current progress.
- Developing and delivering successful SEO strategies and campaigns month after month.
- Working with the digital PR team to produce content strategies and link building campaigns.
- Carrying out monthly campaign reports internally and to clients.
- Being flexible and able to adapt as techniques and best practice changes over time.
- Leading Contrasts SEO offering, supporting the SEO executives and wider team with SEO training and insights.
- Contributing to Contrast’s wider business marketing goals, including regular blogging, podcasts and video appearances. Along with the delivery of ‘lunch and learn’ sessions.
- Self-learning to ensure you’re always up to date on the industry and inspired by other SEO campaigns.
- Highlighting, implementing and updating industry leading processes and procedures around Contrasts SEO offering.
As an SEO Strategist you should be independent, organised, have excellent attention to detail and are able to manage your own workload in a busy environment without supervision.
You take pride in your work and will help us to achieve excellent results for our clients.
From the very beginning, Contrast has been formed from key core values which are at the heart of everything we do. These values have naturally formed into the team’s everyday practices in the office.
- Curious - Eager to know or learn something new.
- Ownership - Own your successes and failures.
- Be Awesome - Continuously raising the bar.
- Take Action - Happy to put in the hard work to get the results.
- Respect and Trust - Working openly and honestly with respect for one another.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a similar role/environment and a proven track record of increasing organic search traffic and driving more conversions (sales or enquiries).
- Accomplished using industry standard SEO tools such as: Ahrefs, SEMrush, Systrix, OnCrawl, Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Accomplished writing SEO content and link building.
- Accomplished in doing thorough keyword research.
- A strong understanding of technical SEO as well as specific issues for large-scale e-commerce sites.
- Accomplished with both local and national SEO.
- Accomplished with multilingual/international SEO.
- Accomplished with website migrations.
- Accomplished creating monthly reports showing web performance.
- Accomplished with Google Sheets,writing custom formulas and using VLOOKUPs.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Accomplished using Google Docs and CMS software such as WordPress, BigCommerce Shopify and Magento.
- No criminal record (role is subject to a basic DBS check).
- UK driving license & access to a vehicle.
- Further knowledge of the wider digital marketing mix.
- Complementary skills like digital PR, PPC, coding and design.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to an excellent salary, we also provide a relaxed yet professional modern working environment that includes:
- Flexible working hours with 10am - 4pm as core hours.
- Personal development which includes internal training, attending conferences, PDPs (Personal Development Plans) & access to online courses.
- 33 days holiday this breaks down as 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Free gym membership to Virgin Active Nottingham or we’ll help cover a gym membership of up to £35 per month.
- Private healthcare to cover you for the worst, plus rewarding healthy choices gets you a free coffee weekly & a bi weekly cinema ticket.
- Employee Assistance Programme is a counselling service that our employees can get help and support with matters they are dealing with.
- Exclusive discounts and rewards for over 30,000 brands. Enjoy up to 55% off cinema tickets and save up to 15% off at 80+ high street retailers.
- Free office fruit & a built in coffee machine stocked with only the best locally sourced from 200 degrees coffee.
If you want to learn more about Contrast and what it is like to work with us you can find out more information here: https://contrast.digital/series/the-process/
Got What It Takes?
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you’d like to work with Contrast and why you’d be a great fit for the role to email@example.com.